The following individuals and entities are eligible for rebates under the Delaware Clean Vehicle Rebate Program:
- Delaware residents (must provide copy of driver's license).
- Active-duty military members stationed in Delaware with a temporary Delaware residential address but with permanent residency in another state (must provide Proof of Service letter).
- Businesses, nonprofit organizations or other organizations with both a physical location and address in Delaware and a Delaware business license. (Must provide copy of business license if applying for the rebate as a business. Temporary business licenses are not accepted.)
- State agencies or departments, municipal governments or county governments in the state of Delaware.
- Schools, colleges and universities located in the state of Delaware.
Who is not eligible:
- Persons owning property in Delaware but who have permanent residency in another state.
- Businesses who are incorporated in Delaware but do not have a physical location and/or a Delaware business license.
To qualify for a rebate, your purchase or lease must meet the following requirements:
- The vehicle must be listed on the eligible vehicle list.
- The vehicle must be registered in your name in the state of Delaware.
- Your name must be on the purchase or lease agreement.
- You must provide a proof of residence, business license or other form of accepted documentation. For a full list of accepted documents, please see the program Implementation Manual.
Vehicles must meet the following criteria to qualify for a rebate:
- Must be purchased or leased on or after May 1, 2023, the launch of the Clean Vehicle Rebate Program Funding Round 6*
- Be on the list of Eligible Vehicles.
- Have a base MSRP of less than $50,000.
- Be one of the following vehicle types:
- Battery Electric Vehicles (BEV) – Vehicles that are powered by high-capacity batteries that are charged using an external power source. Battery electric vehicles do not have a gasoline or diesel internal combustion engine.
- Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles (PHEV) – Vehicles that use batteries that are charged by an external power source in conjunction with a gasoline or diesel internal combustion engine.
- Must be a new vehicle registered in the state of Delaware.
*For vehicles purchased or leased prior to May 1, 2023, please visit the previous program page to learn about rebate eligibility and how to apply.
Applying through a participating Delaware dealership
There are many dealerships in Delaware that can accept the rebate on the customer's behalf and provide the rebate at the point of sale. Browse a list of participating dealerships in Delaware.
Applying for the rebate post-purchase
To apply for a rebate under the Clean Vehicle Rebate Program, applicants must first register as a supplier with the state of Delaware at esupplier.erp.delaware.gov. Once the supplier file is approved, applicants will receive a Supplier ID number. A Supplier ID number is required to complete the application. Applications will not be processed or paid without the Supplier ID Number.
Note: You only need to register as a supplier once. If you have previously submitted your information, you do not need to submit it again. For assistance, please contact the Supplier Maintenance Team at 302-526-5600 or FSF_Supplier_Maintenance@delaware.gov.
All applicants are required to submit the following documentation:
- A copy of the purchase or lease agreement.
- A current copy of the permanent or temporary vehicle registration card
- One of the following is required as a proof of residency or operation in the state of Delaware:
- A copy of the applicant’s driver’s license.
- A copy of a military proof of service letter.
- A copy of an applicant’s Delaware business license (temporary business licensees are not accepted) or other form of accepted documentation as listed in the Implementation Manual.